1. IMPORTANT NOTICE
Problem : It came to our attention that after leaving Oceanside, riders will take a route that your support vehicles cannot follow for a duration of more than 30 mins. The ULTRA Radio software will cease attempting to reconnect after 30 mins.
Solution : The way around this is to simply “press and release” the “B” button ONCE on the support vehicle’s radio (This is normally the set labelled as “2”) once when your rider comes within sight and the radios will reconnect.
Good News : New ULTRAS purchased from June 21 will have a new software that will automatically reconnect with your riders when they come within sight without the need to manually activate the “B” button. For those with the old software, please contact us for assistance in getting this upgrade for your radios if required. As the race is starting soon, it is best to have this done after RAAM 2021.
2. HOW TO PAIR YOUR ULTRA RADIOS
3. HOW TO USE THE AUTO CONNECT FEATURE
ULTRA RADIO BUTTON
- CONNECTION TIP
• Power ON radio 1, wait until the red light is blinking for 5-10 secs
• Power ON radio 2, wait for 10-20 secs and radios will connect and announce “Intercom connected”
- RECONNECTION TIP – Important!
• Upon leaving Oceanside and entering the city where the support vehicle is not able to follow, the radios will stop trying to reconnect after 30mins.
• Support vehicle just need to press “B” button once to reconnect with rider when rider is again in sight.
- CONNECT POWER, THEN TURN ON THE RADIOS
• Do this first as the radios will power off whenever you connect power.
• The connectors can be inadvertently pulled apart. You can use electrical tape to insure they stay together in operation. I strongly recommend Scotch Super 33+ for superior adhesion, flexibility and it won’t leave sticky residue. ** Useful tip from Scott Myers of Team Enso
- CONNECTIVITY & PAIRING INSTRUCTIONS, IF REQUIRED
• Pairing is required only once
• Should an unexpected issue arise, eg you suddenly cannot hear the other party but they cannot hear you even though the physical connections are good – unplug and plug the radio charging cable to interrupt charging and put it on charge again for a soft reset. Turn on the radios and in most instances, this will restore connectivity.
• If it does not work, swap the headsets to test as the microphone in one set may be faulty. Replace faulty headset.
• If headsets are good, proceed to pair the radios again. For full system reset and pairing, see video https://youtu.be/2uruE-9u2zw or follow steps below :
- Put all radios to charge briefly (disconnect when RED lamp flashes)
- Press & Hold “+” and “A” buttons until you see both RED & BLUE lamps flash twice. Press & Hold “+” and Power button until RED lamp turns ON and then OFF. Do this for all radios.
- Connect headsets. Power ON radio 1. You should hear “Power ON” and battery announcement. Press and Hold “A” & “B” buttons until the middle RED lamp flash quickly about 3 times and “Intercom Pairing Cleared” announced. Do this for all the radios.
- Radio 1 – Press and Hold “A” button until you hear “Pairing”
- Radio 2 – Press and Hold “B” button until you hear “Pairing”, then Press and Release “B” button. “Searching” is annouced. Wait until you hear “Pairing Successful”. If this takes too long, power off the sets and repeat.
- Repeat for pairing Radio 2 (Press & Hold “A”) to Radio 3 (Press & Hold “B”). Always in a “A” to “B” sequence from radio 1 to 2, radio 2 to 3, radio 3 to 4.
- You can connect radios manually by
a. pressing “A” on radio 1 to connect to radio 2
b. pressing “A” on radio 2 to connect to radio 3
c. pressing “A” on radio 3 to connect to radio 4
- Turning off the radios and turning them on in sequence will connect them automatically.
***** BEST WISHES TO ALL FROM THE VERTIX ULTRA TEAM! *****